Monday, May 3, 2010

Upcycling: Ella's Pouches

In a perfect world, we would do our best to make all of our children's food. But it isn't possible for some. Including my family. So we do use Ella's Kitchen for time to time. I really like the concept and Henry certainly LOVES them. (I only use them when we are out and only in a pinch, but H has quickly become obsessed with them-always asks for "moothie"when he sees them in cafes and stores.)

But you can NOT recycle them. I still can't come to terms with that. http://www.ellaskitchen.co.uk/can-i-recycle-ellas-kitchen-packaging/

Anyway, I've found a way to ease my troubled mind and hopefully raise money for charity! I've started a Brigade with Terracycle to upcycle Ella's pouches. They intend to make this adorable bib or cute bag. If you use Ella's and are interested in upcycling your pouches, contact me at stclair@greenfamilies.co.uk and I'll send you my details to post the pouches to me or you can arrange to drop them off. I'm hoping to get local businesses involved as well, so if you have any recommendations (or connections!!), please pass along details. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment