Better yet, it is always a hit with my 17 month old very picky eater.
Smoked Salmon Fritatta
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 10-11 extra-large eggs
- 230 grams heavy cream
- 100 grams fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 418 grams smoked salmon, chopped
- 200 grams spinach, chopped into smallish bits
- 3 scallions, chopped, white and light green parts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- dash of salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C.
Saute the onion and butter in a 10-inch oven-proof omelet pan over medium-low heat until golden, about 5 minutes. Throw in spinach at the end to saute.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Add the heavy cream, goat cheese, smoked salmon, scallions, dill, salt, and pepper and combine. Pour the mixture over the onions and spinach and place the omelet pan in the center of the oven. Bake the frittata for about 45 minutes, until it puffs and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve hot directly from the pan.